.Are you a blogger with something to say that doesn't fit your own blog's theme or audience? If it is a well-written post created with the Evanston community-at-large in mind and you think it would fit in here, let's get in touch.
Are you not a blogger, but have something to share with the Evanston community-at-large that you think would fit in here, let's get in touch.
Karen Kring here: I'm seeking additional contributors to this blog geared toward Evanstonians and news, information and opinions that they may or should care about.
I'm very keen on preserving an author's voice, so I don't aim to edit heavily. If I am compelled to edit, I'll be back in touch with the author before posting.
Here's what I'll have on my mind as I consider including any given guest blog post:
- Appropriateness for a broad Evanston audience.
- Is it well-written? Grammatically-correct? Are there any parts that misrepresent the truth? Does author have the right to use the submitted visuals? Any plagiarism?
- Creativity counts. Being engaging counts. Humor counts.
- Length should be at least 275 words, but can be far less if visuals are included. Word count can be high, if it serves topic and the audience.
- Is the guest post being posted here first? If it is not, I'll need to know so it can be noted where it first appeared.
- Are links provided? If they are promotional, is it appropriate promotion? Guest post author's portraits with bios will be posted at the end of their post and can include upto three links, for example, links to their own blog or website, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
All posts will be shared via @EvanstonLive, the blog's twitter account.
Interested in having your post hosted here?
Please contact me via email.
If this all sounds more complicated than it needs to be, because all you have is some event information or announcement, the submission guidelines are similar, but presentation format is different.
Go Cats! Go Kits!